This program gives you the skills and experience required to safely lead groups of certified divers, and is the first step towards an exciting career as an SSI Professional without requiring you to complete an instructor program. Professional Dive Guides can work for SSI Training Centers, guiding dives in a variety of environments and conditions. You will earn the SSI Dive Guide certification after completing this program.
- Minimum Age: 15 / 18 if active status
- Certification Prerequisites: Diver Stress & amp; Rescue certification, 40 logged Dives, certification or equivalent experience: Navigation, Night & amp; Limited Visibility, Deep Diving.
- Academic Sessions: Varies
- Pool/Confined Water Sessions: Varies
- Open Water Dives: 10 or at least 50 total
- Maximum Training Depth: 40 meters / 130 feet
- Suggested Duration: 35 – 45 hours
Please note: Due to the complexity of this class we will set up a virtual consultation before beginning any classroom, pool, or open water dives. For more information please check out our SCUBA guide here. Price includes all rental gear it does not include personal gear (mask, snorkel, fins, and boots). We allow you the freedom to choose your own or purchase else where as long as your gear meets SCUBA certifications. Should you need to purchase gear we have a wide selection to fit every budget. Check out our online shop here.