This program provides an in-depth and detailed study of physics, physiology, decompression theory, the aquatic environment and diving equipment. It is required training for most SSI Dive Professional programs, as well as some Extended Range programs. You will earn the SSI Science of Diving Specialty certification after completing this program.
- Minimum Age: 10
- Certification Prerequisites: Open Water Diver
- Academic Sessions: Online learning
- Pool/Confined Water Sessions: Optional
- Open Water Dives: Optional
- Maximum Training Depth: Optional
- Suggested Duration: 12 – 20 hours
- Specialized Equipment: Knowledge Program
Please note: Due to the complexity of this class we will set up a virtual consultation before beginning any classroom, pool, or open water dives. For more information please check out our SCUBA guide here. Price includes all rental gear it does not include personal gear (mask, snorkel, fins, and boots). We allow you the freedom to choose your own or purchase else where as long as your gear meets SCUBA certifications. Should you need to purchase gear we have a wide selection to fit every budget. Check out our online shop here.